It's been an interesting day and an educational one. Having a 4 year old around who talks all day every day about anything and everything that comes to his little mind. The clincher is when he talks about Thomas the Train and all of his cronies on the Island of Sodor. Now that I know more about them I know that they're not real, but to him they are his friends, very real. Tomorrow he's in for a big surprise. We are taking him where he will be seeing a real old train engine and passenger cars. Possibly a ride in the engine too. We have a a place called Huckleberry Railroad Village. There's a recreated town with old buildings that have a history. They've been moved to the village. It's open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Then at Halloween the village is turned into a haunted town that the children can trick or treat through. A ride on the train takes 45 min. and along the way there are lighted friendly Halloween characters. At Christmas the village is turned into a Christmas wonderland. Last year there were over 500,000 lights throughout the village displays . And the train ride had beautiful and funny Christmas lighted displays and figures.
That's just one of the tourist "traps" in MI but it is a great place for children to learn about our American history. Christmas and Halloween are just 2 of the many activities scheduled all year.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
1 comment:
Sounds like he is in a for a real treat, and you too :) Enjoy the time. They grow up so quick! You are really dressing up your blog... great to see :)
Post a Comment