Thursday, March 19, 2009

RELOCATION


Thirteen days and counting till the move to Ohio for employment. Some think I am nuts for moving out of state just to work 3 days a week. But it's 3 days more than I can find in MI. Being out of work for 2 years has been no picnic.
And the added advantage is spending time with my 2 grandsons and being able to help my daughter more from being there than I can being in another state especially financially.
It's a trying process to decide what to take and what to leave. The weather in Ohio is about the same as MI. Hot one day and cold the next so I need clothes for either. That's 2 suitcases so far. Then there is my cross stitch supplies. I have all my patterns on my laptop so that means taking the printer, paper and buying new ink.
Can't forget the personal feminine stuff either. That takes up some room too. And I have to keep in mind that space is limited at my daughter's small apartment. She doesn't like clutter and things out of place so I have to pack wisely.
In spite of all the hassle and packing I am looking forward to getting there and being employed.
It's time for a change after 12 years.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.