When I hired in to the hotel I told the manager that the one thing that really got under my skin was someone who made my job harder. Well last night it was the head housekeeper and the front desk clerk on first shift.
The head housekeeper who should be setting an example for the housekeepers was the source of embarrassment for me TWICE last night. I had to move the guests in one room to another room because the beds looked as though they hadn't been changed. Then when I rented another room the room wasn't even made up. That room should not have even come up as available except that the 1st shift desk clerk put it in a clean instead of dirty. So she was the second source of shame for me last night and I lost the guests to another hotel. And I will make it a point to go over the housekeeper's list of rooms done myself and double check them in the computer as soon as I come on my shift.
Then the keys that I made for the guests weren't opening the rooms. All the extra new keys that had been in the drawer were gone.
So that was my first bad night at work. All because other employees didn't do their jobs right.
My manager is a nice lady but she isn't good at confrontations.
And I have finally met the owner. He crept up on me coming through the meeting room from his office on the other side of the building Friday night when I thought everyone was gone because there were no cars over there. We had a nice chat for about 15 minutes and at the end he told me that I had "street smarts" and that was the kind of employees he needed in his hotels. He was glad that our manager hired more "mature" employees. He seemed nice enough but I have heard that you don't want to be on his bad side for any reason. As long as I do my job to his expectations I don't think I will ever be there.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment