Thanks to Face Book and My Space I have reconnected with two members of my family. One on my biological father Al's side and one on my side.
I found a first cousin who I haven't seen or heard from in years so I have lost touch with my biological father's family. I was thrilled to hear from her. And I can't wait to get caught up.
From My Space I have connected again with my estranged son's oldest daughter. We have a lot to talk about because her dad tossed both of us and my side of the family out of his life because his wife doesn't think we're the type of "people" she wants in her son's life. According to her we are not "Good Examples" for him. Poor kid is going to have a miserable life. She's a physcian's assistant and thinks she knows it all when it comes to raising kids. I know my father Al would be ashamed of the taint his grandson is putting on his last name.
I spent 2 hours online with my granddaughter tonight. She is so hurt that her father has allowed this woman to dictate who he can and can't have in his life. And I am sick inside because he wasn't raised to be that way. Growing up he was a loving and compassionate little boy. At one time I was proud of the man and father he had become. Not any more. He is just a sick little puppy being led around on a leash by the person he decided to marry. She is his obsession. He only associates with her side of the family and his stepdad and his wife. None of them are blood relations. He'd probably get a blood transfusion from them so he's be blood related to them if he could.
But my grandaughter, her brother and I are going to get together real soon and have our own reunion. So that's a positive thing.
And who knows, maybe I'll get reconnected to all of my dad's surviving relative soon too.
SO I'll be grateful for the small things.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
1 comment:
Hi Barb,
Thank you so much for writing about this topic on your blog. I for too long have been debating as to whether to join facebook, and I too want to connect with biological sibblings, and family. You have given me the push I needed to join the website.
Hugs
Dawn (UK) FS Group
Post a Comment