Easter Sunday is tomorrow. It has brought to my mind a quote from Albert Einstein.
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." I was wondering if the world would be a more peaceful place this Easter Sunday if people all over the world lived by that. That they sought to understand their enemies and their beliefs, their way of life and why they live and think the way they do.
I was in a store yesterday and saw a young woman in front of me at the checkout line. It was obvious that she had severe back pain by the way she was carrying herself and standing. I asked her why she didn't use one of the electric shopping carts. Her reply was that people gave her dirty looks when she did. Why? Because her handicap was not immediately visible to the eye.
So it is with beliefs, ways of life and thinking. What is not visible does not matter. It is important to look beyond the outside shell and seek to understand the heart and the mind of each individual.
To do so is to put aside the hatred and prejudices that are alive in the world among people today. This needs to start in the home and be taught to the future generations coming after.
Perhaps our Savior wouldn't have died when he did and maybe the world would be a different place to live in now.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment