Monday, February 16, 2009

REMEMBER TO THANK OUR TROOPS


I received an email from one of my Artecy club cross stitch members today. She wrote that her hubby was home from Iraq for 3 weeks. And then he was to return there for his last 6 months. Our troops have been there for almost 6 years now. I think that people need to be reminded that they still need our love and support.
I'm suggesting that anyone who reads this to contact a military service organization such as the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled Veterans Posts, Veterans Hospitals and any other organization that serves our veterans.
Not only do the troops serving today deserve to be remembered, supported and thanked, but so do our past veterans who have served in previous wars.
You can send them cards thanking them for their service to their country. Don't just send them at the holidays, but also throughout the year.
I have seen first hand how much things like that mean to them. The My Heart Supports the Troops organization at our VFW have received letters, emails and personal visits from the troops who have received those cards and packages.
If you know of a group who send care packages to the troops you can give them cards to be included in the boxes.
Just a minute of your time is so appreciated by them. And I as a veteran myself thank you for your support and rememberance of our troops too.

1 comment:

centenniel said...

Thank you for your service to our country. I can't wait to contact a local VFW office to give my heartfelt thanks and be of support in some way. And speaking of our military, tonight I saw a movie rental (2nd time) called "Taking Chance" staring Kevin Bacon. Get it if you haven't already seen it. There's only one word that describes this movie: Unforgettable.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.