Sunday, March 29, 2009

FAITH

Today I had a reminder in the form of a friend's blog. I was reminded that I haven't thanked the one who is in charge of my life and sees fit to grant my blessings when he thinks it's time. Too often we blame our bad "luck" on other people and other causes. Never mind that some of our own choices have caused it. Or there are reasons we have no control over such as medical ones. When we have good "luck" we pat ourselves on the back. We fail to see that we only hear what we want to hear. GOD listens all the time. He answers us all the time. "We" don't listen all the time. "We" don't want to hear if we don't agree with the answer to our prayers. That is a lack of faith in our Father. As our Creator he only wants what is best for his children. We need to remember to listen with our hearts and have faith that our lives will be as he wishes. Faith is not something that you can see or touch. But you can feel it in your hearts if you have enough trust in him to really hear what he wants you to hear and do.
So to my friend who wasn't certain if she should leave her last entry in her blog I say thank you. Thank you for reminding me that I am not in charge of my life. I need to live my life as he wishes me too. And I need more people in my life who have the faith in their hearts and are not afraid to testify to his greatness.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Thanks for the post! It means so much!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.