Sunday, April 19, 2009

APRIL UPDATE

Here I am on the job........my 17th day of being employed. So far I've only had 4 days off. The job entails more than just checking people into the hotel. I also do laundry, clean and take care of any needs or concerns the guests have about their room.
This weekend we had 3 buses in. Each one had a different nationality on a religious pilgrimage to a shrine that I didn't know existed. At midnight last night there was supposed to be a miracle at midnight with a message from the visionary.
The groups were of Spanish, Korean and Polish cultures. It was amazing to see them all attend the mass here in our meeting room. Even though there was a language barrier it didn't seem to matter. I found myself thinking that it's too bad the rest of the world can't get along like that on some common ground. I envy their faith and belief and the fact that they're not afraid to publically show it. A lady was saying the Rosary right in the lobby and another lady was on her knees facing the wall in our game room saying her prayers.
There was a different feel to the hotel last night than when I started. It is difficult to explain, but in spite of the few snaffus like keys not working, a room not seeming to be clean enough for a guest, I felt no stress or agitation when those things happened.
The Korean group has taken over our kitchen. They are staying till Monday and insist on feeding the desk crew. I think I burned out my taste buds on something I tried last night.
The other 2 groups checked out this morning and are on their way home. I hope that they will remember their stay at our hotel with good feelings.
My poor manager worked with me from 3-11pm yesterday and then 11pm-7am after that by herself plus doing the audit. She had been 21 hours with no sleep. She is amazing. She doesn't expect us to do anything she wouldn't and sets a great example by that.
Things are okay at my daughter's. I can see that most of the time she is more relaxed going through her day. Of course the boys are a source of amusement for me..........but not for her. Jr. the 2 yr. old called me a rotten child the other day and bit my big toe. He pulls his brother Zander's hair and pinches him. He also takes Zander's toys when Zander is trying to play. So far he isn't walking or crawling, but he gets around with the tummy scoot. When he comes to me for hugs and kisses I makes him get one his knees and then stand up before I'll pick him up. His Physical Therapist is pleased with that because he gets extra workouts when she isn't there.
I 've made progress on my latest stitchery but with work and the boys I'm tired when I get home. I try to do at least 12 rows before bed, but it doesn't always work out that way.
That's the update since I was here last so I hope you enjoyed it

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.