Monday, June 22, 2009

ATTITUDE

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, education, money, circumstances, failures, successes, or what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company, church or home. The remarkable thing is that you have a choice every day regarding the attitude you will embrace for that day. You cannot change your past......you cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. You cannot change the inevitable. The only thing you can do is play on the one string you have and that is your attitude. LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% HOW YOU REACT.

This little gem of wisdom is posted in the back room behind the front desk at the hotel where I work. I read it every day that I work and sometimes more than once during my shift. It keeps me on an even keel when things get hectic or start going wrong there. And I also use it as a mantra when I get up in the morning and before I sleep. I cannot control other people's actions or words, but I can choose what reaction I will have to them.

1 comment:

centenniel said...

The above little gem of wisdom is attributed to Charles Swindoll, the evangelical Christian pastor, author and educator. Wikipedia has more information about his life. I certainly agree with its wisdom – we are in charge of our “Attitude”. Thank you for reminding me.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.