Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MAKING MEMORIES


What a wonderful day Zander and I had today. First we stopped in for lunch at an old time soda shop. We shared a cheeseburger that we could put our own condiments on and an order of fries. Chocolate milkshakes made like in the days gone by topped off our lunch. Some of the fries we saved for his little brother Jr. to eat when we got home.
Next we went to a Ship Museum not far from the shop. Zander asked a million questions about everything we saw and thank goodness for all of the signs telling me the answers.
Of course we took many pictures for his scrapbook.
Then we went down to the beach in front of the museum. Lake Erie was right there so Zander had to play in the sand. I didn't think of swimming when we left the house for our adventure so I took him back to the truck and hid him behind a towel to take off his underwear and slip his shorts back on to swim in.
Swim he did, playing in the sand, digging in a hole already there and making it bigger to sit in.
Going home we took the long way because I wanted to see how things have changed in the years I lived in Michigan. We stopped in at a beach where I used to swim and it was cleaned up nicely with lifeguards there too. There was a nice cafe opened above the beach that wasn't there before.
It was a wonderful day full of memories for the both of us and in case we forget anything we have plenty of pictures.

1 comment:

centenniel said...

What a sweet memory for your little Zander to carry with him for life.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.