I can't believe that I've been in Ohio working for 62 days already. I'm still trying to figure out where the time has gone.
Seems like it was just yesterday that I was growing up and experiencing life through the various stages we all go through growing into our adult status. It's hard to believe that I will be 60 years old next April 1st. But I am glad that I have reached nearly that age without any serious health issues or illnesses that keep me from enjoying life.
Oh sure, I move a little slower, it's harder to get up out of a chair and I don't get as much accomplished as I used to. But those things don't seem to be as important as they used to be.
I still have all of my senses and get around independently without having to look to others for help. I can still read and stitch which I enjoy immensely. I can still be useful to my daughter and my parents. So far I can still drive without endangering myself or others, (although my daughter will try to say differently....lol) Anything to be a smarty pants. But one day she'll be my age and her kids will do the same to her (payback.)
I sincerely hope that my optimistic and positive attitude continues as I grow older. As much as I wish I could stop aging I know that that's the way life is supposed to be. So I may as well grow old gracefully and enjoy life in any way I can.
Life is for the living and I intend to live it to the fullest. I have many blessings each and every day to count. Everyday seems to bring more to add to them.
So count your blessings no matter what your age. Especially on the days that life seems to be a little more difficult for you.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
1 comment:
The Irish saying (?)... "count your blessings daily, not your troubles" is along the same lines, and through the years this saying has kept me in check. That's not to say that I haven't had difficulty reciting my troubles from time to time, but I find it has gotten easier... to count my blessings daily, and not my troubles as I've gotten older.
Post a Comment