Sunday, August 23, 2009

TODAY, TOMORROW, YESTERDAY

"ALL YOU HAVE IS TODAY-THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOMORROW."
SADLY THIS WAS DRIVEN HOME TO ME BY A ROOMFUL OF GUESTS STAYING HERE FOR A VERY SAD OCCASSION. THEIR 16 YEAR OLD NEPHEW WAS MURDERED AT A HOUSE WHERE HE AND OTHER PEOPLE WERE. A FAMILY MEMBER HAD JUST TALKED TO HIM DAYS BEFORE THAT TRYING TO GET HIM TO GIVE UP THE PEOPLE HE WAS HANGING WITH AND TO COME BACK HOME TO THE FAMILY.
16......SO YOUNG AND NOT EVEN TO HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT HE COULD BECOME. HE'LL NEVER GO TO COLLEGE, NEVER GET MARRIED, NEVER HAVE GRANDCHILDREN OR KNOW THE JOY THEY BRING. AND THE FAMILY WILL SUFFER A LIFETIME OF MISSING HIM ESPECIALLY WHEN THOSE OCCASSIONS COME AROUND FOR SOMEONE ELSE IN THE FAMILY.
I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE READ THIS OR WHAT AGE BRACKET THEY ARE IN, BUT IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS IN THE COMPANY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SAFE TO BE AROUND PLEASE PASS THIS BLOG ONTO THEM. NO ONE IS IMMORTAL AND IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE. AS QUICKLY AS THE BLINK OF AN EYE A LIFE CAN BE CUT DOWN AND FINISHED.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.