Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WHEN DO I GET A LIFE FOR ME???????

As I look back and review my life I am asking myself when do I get a life for me instead of having the responsibility for everyone else's problems? When is it my turn to do what I want when I want without considering how it will impact the lives I seem to have become responsible for? The answer is NEVER! Because I have come to the conclusion that my life is as it is supposed to be. I was born to be the caretaker of everyone else's lives even though I do not recall volunteering for those duties 24/7 every day of my life. You may be wondering what I am going on about and that it sounds like I am feeling sorry for myself. Well, you are right and wrong. I have figured out that my life is supposed to be exactly what it is whether I want it to be or not. Evidently when I was born there was to be a purpose for me to accomplish in my life and that is to be the caregiver and caretaker of everyone I love. And upon reflecting on that I have come to the idea that all of that is what gives me my self worth. Not the fact that I served in the Marines, have a college degree or any medical certifications. Most people spend their lives wondering what they have accomplished and how they are perceived by others. I was recently told that I am an excellent daughter, a great mother and a wonderful grandmother. That may seem to be not so much to others who have accomplished great things like inventions or wealth. I am rich. I don't have a lot of money, but I have many things that other people may never have had or ever will have. My wealth is my family and friends and those strangers whose lives I've touched by a smile or a kind word. I may not ever become famous or well known for some amazing miracle discovery, but I am far richer that anyone else may be if they haven't discovered the secret of their self worth. What I am does not matter.......that won't be remembered after I am gone. What I have done will be the legacy I leave behind for others to remember me by. What more can I ask for? Ask yourself how much your self worth is. I think you will be surprised by the answer. I know I was.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
MI, United States
I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.