Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Grandchildren Are Wonderful
Well, it's been a while since I've been here. I forgot my password and my user id. Guess when you get up there in years it's wise to write things down. Of course then you have to remember where you wrote them down. I now carry around little notebooks for anything I need to remember......problem is I can't find the notebooks! So I've resorted to voice memos on my phone. Works great......if I remember to pay the phone bill! Of course I have a standby.....my 9 year old grandson....he's like an elephant, never forgets as long as it's something that benefits him. LOL.
He asked me one day if I was senile. My answer to that was for him to wait till his next birthday. If I didn't remember it he'd know the answer to that one. And he comes up with other little gems such as did I have TV and radio when I was growing up. DIdn't know what a record player was either. His favorite phrase is "back in the day" when he's telling you of things in his "younger" years.
Then there's his 6 year old brother who will tell you that what you are saying to him is "not in his story." Usually that comes when you are trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to do.
Next comes their little 3 year old sister who has the diva attitude. Complete with the crossed arms, the foot stomping and the hands on the hip thing with the lower lip stuck out. And I forget all that when she climbs up into my lap and says "I love you gandma."
Grandchildren are so much fun and now I have a great grandchild. Her mommy is my oldest grandaughter. I asked her if she couldn't have waited till I was a little older, like in my 80s!
I was just getting used to be a grandma and now I am a great grandma. Where does the time go? Seems like just yesterday that I was raising my own babies. Time seems to pass so quickly as I get older. Every time one of them has a birthday I feel every year of my age.
But all in all they are a joy (their mothers don't quite agree with that sometimes.) But since none of them live with me so I consider tham all angels....LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment