I have finally found the ambition to go through all of the works in progress that I had stashed away (out of sight, out of mind.) I removed all of the threads with the projects and then preceded to reorganize the tackle box that I use to store my thread bobbins in. This took two days! Lesson learned: Always put your threads back in the box if you put away the project for a time period. I have many duplicated bobbins of thread and MANY skeins of the same colors not put on bobbins. And unless I get a BIGGER (if there is such a thing) box they never will be on bobbins. But I probably won't have to buy many new colors for the next projects I have in mind. Sometime in the future (whenever that is) I will be separating all the WIPs that I took the thread from and organizing them into storage boxes along with all the patterns that seem to have taken up residence at my house (how and when all that happened? where was I?)
I now have all of my finished projects gathered together that represents the sum total of my cross stitching life. And they are many. Question is, what do I do with them all? I really hate to just give them away, but selling is not a option unless the designer is dead and the pattern copyright is no longer valid. This I learned during a brief argument about copyrights in my online cross stitch group. I have my opinion on that one too. My money, my stitching thus my pattern to do with as I please. The designers do not seem to understand my way of thinking, nor I theirs. I can now see how wars may start over such things as we had some words between members in our group when one of us decided she was the copyright cop.
At any rate I have made headway into organizing a big part of my life. I hope to get the rest done in a timely manner, but it probably won't happen any time soon as I would rather be stitching than organizing. As I am sure many of my group mates would say the same. (Great minds think alike so they say.) I've always wondered who the "THEY" was.
Enjoy your stitching ladies, life's to short to worry about organizing.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blogs
- LIFE (18)
- KIDS (9)
- CROSS STITCHING (4)
- Holidays (4)
- ANIMALS (3)
- CROSS STITCH (3)
- An Introduction to Me (2)
- LIFE AND MOTHERHOOD (2)
- MILITARY (2)
- A SPECIAL MAN NAMED JON P. (1)
- ARTECY (1)
- Artecy Posting (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILIIES (1)
- CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (1)
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (1)
- CROSS STITCH/FAMILY (1)
- DISABILITIES (1)
- DISCRIMINATION (1)
- FAITH (1)
- FAMILY (1)
- FRIENDSHIP (1)
- Grandchildren (1)
- LAUGHTER (1)
- LIFE AND ELDERCARE (1)
- Laughs (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Religion Recipe (1)
- Stitching (1)
- THINK POSITIVE (1)
- TRAVEL (1)
- TRAVELING (1)
- VACATION AND TRAVEL (1)
- WISDOM (1)
- WONDERFUL JOYS (1)
- YEAR'S END (1)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- stitchhappyinMI
- MI, United States
- I am an Aries born on April 1st. College educated and a Marine veteran of the Viet Nam era. Nothing spectacular to say about my life other than I have survived this long because I have a wicked sense of humor that has gotten me through hard times along with the fact that I am a strong woman. I don't give up easily. I love to cross stitch as you can see by some of my work displayed here. Reading is a favorite past time. I enjoy traveling and exploring out of the way places. Most of all I enjoy spending time with my 2 favorite boys Zander who is 5 and his brother Jr. who is 2. They are intelligent, funny and loving. And now they have a new baby sister named Izabella who, I'm sure, will educated them in the art of getting along with girls. If I had a chance to do my life over I wouldn't because I would miss out on having these 3 grandchildren to love. I hope that I can be a part of their lives for many more years to come. I plan on living life to the fullest means possible and hope I can stay healthy enough to do some of the things that I want to.
1 comment:
What a lovely blog.
Who is the designer for the yellow rose?
Your stitching is very wonderful.
Post a Comment